Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trip to The Carnegie Museum of Art

The trip to The Carnegie Museum of Art went better then I thought it would go. I thought it was just going to be a bunch of random paintings of stuff I didn't rely care about. I still didn't care about a lot of the pieces the museum had to offer, but they had some interesting stuff here and there. I also liked how they started out with older pieces and transitioned into more modern pieces of art.

I couldn't find the artist or the title of my favorite painting. The piece had mostly green on the top of the piece, and it gave kind of a falling effect to the painting. It also gave a clear idea of what the artist was trying to do. I liked this painting because it was different from the paintings around it. Most of the surrounding paintings were just two color, solid pieces.

I don't know the name of the piece I most disliked either. It was the one where a video was playing on a T.V. The guy on the T.V. was doing some pretty weird stuff, and it left some foul images in my head. This was the only piece that I felt did not belong in the museum.

Overall I did like the trip. I didn't like the fact I had to wear my back pack over one shoulder, that rule didn't make any sense to me. Aside from that things went pretty smooth. I have passes by The Carnegie Museum of Art numerous times in my life, and now I know what it's like inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs