Monday, April 20, 2009

Carnegie Museum trip

My trip to the Carnegie Museum was fantastic. There were many pieces of art that caught my eyes. I visited the museum before, but I didn't see the different types of art I seen with my Integrated Art's class. I visited the museum when I was a child and I was interested in art as a child. I didn't realize that almost everyday in the world you will see pieces of art. The museum showed me that art is in our everyday lives.

During my visit at the Carnegie Museum there were many pieces of art that caught my attention. I wasn't able to view the things that I really wanted to see because of the time limit that we had. I would love to go visit the Museum again on my own time. The Museum have different pieces of art that I didn't think was art until I visited the Carnegie Museum.

My favorite piece of art was by a man named Andy Warhol. He is a big artist around the world. Andy Warhol is also from my home town Pittsburgh. Andy Warhol also has his very own Museum on the Northside of Pittsburgh. The Museum is nice and I have visited the Museum. What really caught my eyes about his art was he would draw a portrait, but he would use different methods to draw the same portrait. He used different textures.

I disliked a lot of pieces of art. The art that I disliked the most was art that I felt like I could do, but my art wouldn't end up in a Museum. The art that I feel like anybody could do is splatter paint.I have seen children do splatter paint, but there art doesn't end up in a Museum. So I don't really like art that I could do and I am not a good artist at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs