Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blog #6

Right now I am thinking that I will choose to do the “Portrait of Yourself in 50 Years” portion of the creating digital art for project 3. So I initially thought well what will I be doing in fifty years? Well in 2059 I plan to have retired from politics, but just recently. So I choose to look at the White House portrait of presidents and I choose Ronald Reagan’s portrait.

It has inspired me because White House Portraits are very elegant, and paint a positive image of the person and it’s very interesting to see how art can do that to even presidents who demoralize and deplore the country as much as say Jimmy Carter, Lyndon B. Johnson, or Richard Nixon. So I think is actually kind of cool that looking at their pictures you almost forget some of what they did. However the portrait on Ronald Reagan truly demonstrates what the man did for this great nation.

I plan on trying to do something similar to the White House Portraits but I’m not sure what or how. I defiantly know I want to capture the elegance of it. And President Reagan’s is the perfect example of it.

http://www.whitehousehistory.org/04/subs_pph/images/uploads/40/48.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs