The photo I chose is a picture that was nominated for photo of the year from National Geographic in 2007. It shows a huge great white shark jumping out of the water towards a man hanging on to a ladder under a Navy helicopter. Turns out that the the shark photo was taken in South Africa while the picture of the Navy helicopter was taken in San Fransisco. It would be an amazing photo if it were real but, of course it is not.
I believe that this image has actually helped society because it is a really interesting looking photograph. I think it however, since this photo is blatantly fake it has helped ordinary people look for signs that a picture has in fact been retouched. For example in this photo you can clearly see the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco in the background. Why is the this a tip-off that the image is fake? It's a tip-off because sharks only breach like that in South Africa. So, I think this photo has helped society because it has made people more aware of fake and retouched photos.
Link to the site: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/shark-helicopter.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hoax-slayer.com/shark-helicopter-photo.shtml&usg=__0h4Sop-NE-vpWGUyqDv-JsOxaVU=&h=403&w=539&sz=16&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=kLufUFxDPWlvwM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=132&prev=/images%3Fq%3DNational%2BGeographic%2BShark%2Bfake%2Bpicture%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment