Today in class we learned about retouching images. All forms of media such as pictures, magazines, billboards, shows, and movies have been retouched. Retouching can make a person look totally different. It alters images and brings out their beauty. Retouching can help advertisements but they can also hurt them.
We looked at a picture of Faith Hill on the cover of Red Book Magazine. There was a original picture of her then another one of her retouched. She looked completely different. They changed her skin tone, brightened her eyes, slimmed her arms, made her thinner, gave her less wrinkles, and got rid of the bags under her eyes.
In my opinion retouching is a sort of false advertisement. I know when I look at magazine I dream to look like the models in pictures. But after seeing how retouching can change a whole persons look and alter theirs features, has changed my outlook on how I view them. Retouching can make a person look beautiful. The pictures in magazines are giving people and young teens false hope about there features. The models in the magazines look flawless. I know they are all retouched now , which is kind of upsetting. This is just how the world works though. It has opened my eyes to the media a lot more.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment