The Dove video from youtube.com that we viewed in class was very scary to me. I love that it was done in time relapse because you could see almost every detail put into portraying "beauty." This women who was being photographed could have seen that Dove billboard and there would be no evidence that it was her. Almost every aspect of her had be altered. I knew that photographs in advertisements were retouched, but I had no idea how much.
I think that this hurts society because it says that "true beauty" is something that can only be perfected through how talented the retouch artist is. Young girls can watch this Dove video and all their self-esteem would brought down. It also says no matter how much make-up you wear, how dressed up you get, or how great your personality is, you won't look as good as the models in magazines (who also get retouched).
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment