Monday, April 20, 2009

carnegie art museum

I really liked Carnegie museum. This was the first time that I have ever been to Carnegie museum. Whenever I entered into the museum I thought that the museum must be filled with paintings. But, it has different pieces of artwork. There were many pieces of artwork that I like.
My favorite piece of artwork was opera in a small room by Janet Cardiff and George Bures Miller. The old furniture and records were in use by these two artists. I like the way they used a background music telling a story. In that small room they have used different kinds of projection. There was another piece that caught my attention were neon lights. Neon tubing was made by Bruce Nauman.
The piece that I disliked the most was yellow Bath. This piece was made by Rachael Whiteread. I didn’t like that piece because it doesn’t make any sense to me. The piece was made of polystyrene and rubber.
There were many pieces of artwork that I like. The museum not only consists of paintings but it also has some furniture that was in use in older days.They also have some masks from Africa that were only worn by men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs