The trip to the Carnegie Museum of Art was a learning experience. I've been to the natural history part of the museum several times, and explored the art section on one occasion, but never really gave it much thought. Since this was my first time actually trying to take an in-depth look at art, I actually paid attention to the lady explaining it to us. Although I tried to pay good attention, the explanation of the art seemed rather boring and I lost interest quickly until we came across pieces I liked.
One piece I enjoyed was called “Factory”, or at least I believe it was called this. It was a series of photographs of what looked like steel mills in England. They were black and white and really caught my interest since a lot of my family’s roots take part in working in the steel mills. The pictures really gave you an idea of the complexity and size of the steel mills, and made me wonder what Pittsburgh looked like back in its prime when these mills lined the rivers.
The piece of art I disliked the most was the plant in one of the back rooms that had lines on the wall depicting its growth. In my honest opinion I could not see this as art, maybe a science project for a high school kid, but not art. I don’t recall what the name of it was, but I gave up trying to find it on the website (there is 62 pages of art to look through and most of them don’t even have pictures). But it was right across from the giant bath tub made of soap, and I was not impressed at all the “plant” art.
Over all I enjoyed myself at the museum. Katie and I decided that since it took us forever to find a parking spot big enough for my truck that we would go around and check out the whole museum. We spent more time checking out the rest of the art section, then went and checked out all of the exhibits in the natural history part of the museum. It was fun and much better than going to class without a doubt!
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment