Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blinded Beauty

Hello, Everyone

 After the discussion that we had in class, I feel as if women, and men in the world are being blinded by what the world see as beauty. We have seen several pictures, and videos that showed what goes on behind the scenes with retouching  images in order to sale a companies product. The photos that were shown in the video of the retouch artist were amazing in the sense that so much was to these photos. The video spoke on the consequences  of these photos and the effects of them being published, like the effect on women, by them being exposed.
                As a guy I would say that it is difficult maintaining a healthy relationship with the different insecurities that develop in time. The images that are seen in these magazines are thought of as real time, non-altered photos, which make females believe they must be as beautiful as these girl to maintain their relationship. It does blind us males because I think subconsciously we began to look for that beauty. Thus stopping us for settling in a relationship, because we think we could find better. I feel as if that is a cruel way to advertise a product, knowing that the person displayed is a fake.

Thank you, Sincerely Timothy Robinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs