Monday, April 20, 2009

Blog #7 (Carnegie Museum of Art)

On Tuesday April 14th, we(art 100/100w classes at Penn State Greater Allegheny) visited the Carnegie Museum of Art. During my presence there, I was amazed of how big the building was, how much art was actually in the building and all the time periods the art was actually from. I was in the second group that took the tour. As soon as we got started, I knew I was going to be there awhile walking around and looking at all the art.

The piece of art that I liked the most was at the very end of the tour. It was an abstract piece of art that looked like a stadium with multiple flags, banners, stairs, field lines and a track surrounding it. I could not tell you who the piece of art was by, but it was my favorite piece at the whole museum. I like it because of the color that was put into it, and because if you looked at it from afar it looked like it was three dimensional.

The piece of art that I did not like was the piece that looked like someone had a blank(white) canvas and then got a paint roller with black paint on it and rolled all over it. Some spots were white others were black and some were gray. Most importantly, there was a big black splotch of black paint in the upper left hand corner of the painting. When I saw this painting, I had a sad feeling. Probably because it was painted all black. When I see the color black, I think of a funeral home and someone dying or that has died.

In my experience at the Carnegie Museum of Art, I found out what kind of art that I do not like and what kind of art I actually do like. I never thought that I would actually like art so much in such a weird way. But now I do. I mean the food was tasty and at a fair price and even though the museum was way to large for us to take the whole tour of plus I had a good time. I would recommend whoever wants to find out if they have an artistic side to them to go and check out the Carnegie Museum of Art for themselves. And then go grab a bit to eat at their cafe.

1 comment:

  1. JT, please updated your identity! I can't match the initials "JT" with anyone on my roster...

    ReplyDelete

Art Blogs