Monday, April 20, 2009

Carnegie Museum Trip

The trip to the museum was quite the ride. At first i wasnt very interested mostly because i wasn't in the mood. To start off the tourist was overally animated and dramatic about everything and anything. I dont really remeber any specific names of artist but i have a good memeory of the great pieces of art I seen.
My favorite work was the opera room. It was intresting to see how well organized and planned out the idea was. The music was loud and i almost felt like i was at haunted house. Being in a room like that definitely intrigued me because it had some sort of mystery about it.
I also liked the art work where you were able to walk on the art.This work was a black and grey tiled floor. I dont know what exactly captured my attention but im guessing its the fact that i was able to touch and step on someones art. I loved the african pieces from Congo. My favorite mask is the one where it was part lion part elephant with the tusk. I was told about the history of this mask and how it had to do with loyalty and only men had the priveledge of wearing something so symbolic.
As we proceedede to travel arounnd the museum there were plenty of things that i had no intrest in. I didnt care for the paintings that didnt seem to have any meanings behind it, even though I'm sure they all had a meaning created by that artist. The painting called Autum was very dull in my opinion it was a huge orange painting placed in the lobby area, i didnt find it amazing at all but i know one thing, i had alot of appreciation for each work that I observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs