For this blog assignment we recently went to the Carnegie Museum of Art. There were many likes and one major dislikes in the Museum and I am first going to tell you the exhibits that I did like.
The painting I enjoyed the most was a painting on the second floor and It was in the rooms that were first opened on Tuesday. This painting was also on the wall very close to the new African Art exhibit. I could not find out who painted this though but I will explain it to you. It was painted on brown canvas and had green lines painted throughout to look like grass and also had a big grey rhinoceros in the center. The horizon line in the background was of trees as well. I really connected with this picture because it reminded me of a hunting expedition in Africa. I have always wanted to do something like this and it really made me appreciate this painting.
The second painting I enjoyed was Stadia II. This was the last piece of art we saw before we left the museum. The only thing I can really think of that made me connect with this painting was it reminded me of an Olympic Stadium. You could make out some country flags on what seemed to be the top of the stadium and also on the bottom of the painting there seemed to be a yellow track running circular just like the Olympic track. This painting also had many of bright colors that really made it stand out to me .
Now to get to the painting I did not like. This painting first off did not have a name and was created by Jackson Polic. This painting was simply paint splats on canvas. I do not understand why this painting should be in an art museum. This painting took what seemed to be no effort and also could be done by an infant. If you do research on Polic to you will see that when he did this particular piece we had a major alcohol problem and was very drunk when he did this. I see how people can say it was a rebellion against the man, but that does not mean it should instantly be placed into a museum. This painting when you see it just makes you think what does it really take to get into a museum.
In conclusion this was the first time I have been to the Carnegie Museum of Art and I can say beside one painting I did really enjoy what I saw. I would recommend this museum to anyone if they want a wide range of types of art. This experience made me also understand the different types of art in the different time period and I am glad I got to experience this.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment