Monday, February 2, 2009

Silver Eye Trip

The photo I chose was the one of the children where the girl in the middle wanted to be a policewoman. There are three children in the photo: a girl on the right hand side not facing the camera and looking at the ground, a small boy holding a toy gun also not facing the camera, and there is also the girl in the middle of the photo whose dream is to be a policewoman. I found it very ironic that in the photo the little boy was pointing the gun at the girl who wanted to be a policewoman. I'm assuming these children are brothers and sisters. The girl on the right hand side, even though we can't see her face, looks sad as does the central girl in the photo.
I think that this girl wants to be a policewoman because there was a tragedy in her family where her parents were murdered or taken away. Now it is just these three siblings toughing it out on their own. So, now she, being the oldest and most responsible sister wants to be able to protect her siblings. My other theory is that since it says this photo was taken near the US-Mexico Border, that she wants to be like the border patrol men and women and maybe that will protect her brother and sister.

Title: I want to be a policewoman
Photographer: Martin Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs