A dream of mine that came to mind first was to have a meaningful and happy life. Someone once asked me, "Do you want a meaningful life or a happy life?" I think most people would say that they strive to have both, but this person says that it is not possible. So that got me thinking, what is meaningful and what is happy? I think it would be different for everyone, but I also think that these two terms do having different meanings and hold different values. In my video, I would like to examine these two words and try to visually express them. Happiness is all about how you look at things and what you want. Some people may be happy by themselves with lots of money, others would rather be with someone and not have tons of money. For me, happiness steams from being with someone and having that connection, being able to share your life with someone else. So in a sense, happiness could be family and friends. Now, it starts to get difficult to decide where your happiness and meaning are without them crossing. To me, a meaningful life would be me being successful. To be successful, I want to achieve several goals. I want to finish college with a high GPA and be involved throughout college being recognized as a leader. After graduate school, I want to get a job as a counselor and hopefully have that feeling of making a difference in someones life. I really enjoy talking to people and trying to help them understand themselves, that is very meaningful to me. In my mind, I can see not working and having a family and being happy, and I can also see me being successful and achieving my goals without family as meaningful. There are of course many, many things I consider meaningful and happy, but for a video sake, I chose those which are basic.
Another dream that I have is to travel the world and see many countries and landmarks. I've never been out of the country or even around the US. I've been to New York City, North & South Carolina, Ohio, random places in PA. For my groups video project I would like to use this dream in the video. I think it would be really cool to use the green screen and put ourselves into other countries and other places in which we cannot film because we can't actually go there. But other ideas for representation on places would be to film different areas outside and around the area and visually represent different ideas and different places we are interested in. In the beginning maybe we could have it start off as either an actual dream or as a journey we are all going on.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
I have been around the U.S., mainly up and down the East coast, for vacation and what not. The beaches and cities were fun and ever since then I have always wanted to go to Europe. I even decided to take French in high school because one day I planned to travel to Europe, and I can’t stand Mexico at all.
ReplyDeleteThe main reason that has been a dream of mine is because once in a while everyone needs a break from the reality of their own life. Just have to get away for some time and what better place than Europe. There are so many countries and places I’d like to visit that I would have to stay for a few years. Even though I vowed never to get on an airplane, I’d make an exception to get to Europe.