Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Project #1

3 comments:

  1. i like what Tim had to say as far as coming from the ghettohing ,leaving it to do something productive with his life.he had alot to say and i enjoyed listeing to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this photograph I got the same meaning Tim did from it. The man is sitting at the table with his eyes closed. There are people at the bottom of the table trying to get a hold of him but he pays them no attention at all.

    Eventually a person encounters the feelings this painting portrays. It might not be the feelings of the man at the table but of the people trying to get a hold of him. Every choice you make, whether it’s for good or bad, has a consequence(s). No matter which one you chose, you are going to hurt someone in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Tim’s interpretation here and the relations he drew from it. I really like relating the poverty of the small people to being born and raised in the inner city ghettos, but in regards to education. Many people look at the painting and look strictly at the money issue and the things money is used for as the injustice here but the opportunity for education is greatly affected by class.
    Politicians say public education is the civil right issue of our generation. This must be even more apparent in an area such as Haiti.

    ReplyDelete

Art Blogs