skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Art Blogs
-
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
-
-
RECAP // Coffee Date with Kevin Clancy
-
On August 20th, members filled the Mattress Factory Café for coffee and
conversation at the last Coffee Date of the series with 2016 Factory
Installed art...
10 years ago
-
30 SOMETHIN' by Charlie Finch
-
Bridging the gap between the baby boomers and the new digital generation.
10 years ago
-
MOMENTUM: new plays at different stages
-
City Theatre announces four exciting, original plays set for MOMENTUM, the
theatre’s annual festival of new plays at different stages, beginning May
31. W...
14 years ago
-
Four Years Later, Alcoa Foundation Leadership Grants Show Big Impact
-
*by David Seals*
Four years after the Alcoa Foundation launched a pilot re-granting program
through the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, we’re asking grant...
16 years ago
-
-
-
I think it's an interesting relation of a joyful funeral. I don't remember exactly which picture this was but I know that in all of the paintings the people were wearing bright colored clothing and some even had smiles on their faces. These aspects of the painting remind me of happiness as well. In some cultures, funerals are celebrations. A celebration of the person's life. At most funerals, it is the family and friends mourning their loss and sometimes it is hard to celebrate their life because you don't want them to be gone.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to the joyful funeral in a similar way that you did. A lot of people attended my grandmothers funeral and although there was mourning, there was also celebration of her life accomplishments. I remember driving from the funeral home to the church and I've never seen a line of cars so long before for a funeral. It brings me joy to see how many people she affected.
I too did the same painting as I told you in the Library. I was also drawn to it because all the people were smiling at a funeral. It seemed like a nontraditional funeral. At least what I heard. I have never been to a funeral myself.
ReplyDeleteI think it was very nice that you talked about your husbands recent death. I thought that you related to the painting very well. It sounded like your husband had a great funeral and a great life. I'm sorry for your loss.
You explained this painting very well. I can picture it as you talked about it. When you said how your husband was not famous but he was around the community, it made me think of my uncle that past away a couple years ago. He was not famous either, but he was to the people that knew as well.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to this painting as you did because I have lost alot of friends and family in the past. Even though funerals are very sad, everyone should celebrate the life that they had. Its a joyful funeral as you explained!
I too remember your husbands funeral, as the entire football team came to mourn your husband and be alongside you and your family. I remember the funeral as like you said, it was more of a celebration than a mourning. I also think the comparison of the funerals was very well done. I also remember having to park down near the middle school and walk my way up to the funeral home.
ReplyDeleteThe colorful cloths your family wore to celebrate makes me think of the picture you were talking about, since they too had colorful clothing on. The comparison of the joyfulness and celebration between your experience and the picture was very well done. I agree that life should be celebrated even in its end. Your son always talked very highly of your husband and continued to celebrate his life throughout the entire football season and school year.
The idea of the painting you saw was one that i liked as well and listeing to you elaborate on how it reminds you of your husbands death makes me sad and i feel for you.It was a very nice to put things.
ReplyDeleteI would first like to say you did a wonderful job describing your husband he sounds like a wonderful man. The concept of a Joyful Funeral is something a have actually thought about before. One of my favorite musicians and poets is Jim Morrison, and Morrison had a strange obsession with death, always pondering death questioning it (which is probably why he died at age 27). But in a poem he once wrote he mentions that he doesn’t know why people are so afraid of death, that life is pain and when we die the pain stops, saying we should embrace our fate rather than hide from it. Carolyn made reference to her husbands suffering and I really admire her, it's hard to lose someone we love, but I feel it's harder to watch someone you love suffer.
ReplyDelete