Monday, January 26, 2009

Reminds me of my granny

5 comments:

  1. What a great memory of your Great-Grandmother!
    The act of providing food to a child is probably the single most nurturing and rewarding experience that a mother or grandmother can have. It seems so basic but it means so much. It's the reason that mothers are always pushing you to eat when they see you!

    It's awesome that you see your Granny in that angel. From your description, I can imagine her and the happiness that she brought to you. My Granny is 92 and still trying to make me eat more cookies every time I see her. She thinks my kids are strange because they only eat really healthy foods- like fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I did my project on one of the war paintings I also really enjoyed this one. I liked that it was a change of pace from the chaos of the war ones. I thought it was very peaceful and angelic. I thought the artist did a very good job of portraying the peacefulness of the scene.
    I'm fortunate enough to not only have all four of my grandparents still living but I love within a 15 minute drive of all of them. And like all grandparents they are there to give you gifts even when it's not a holiday or your birthday and of course they always love to feed you when you come over. It's almost like they "rain down" gifts on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you had to say about your granny, because my granny also bring stuff that me and my siblings love. The comment you made brings back memories also because one of my grannies past away too. My grandma that is alive come with presents and goodies ever time she stops by also. The picture you have chose reminds me of the good that comes with putting your faith in a higher being also, and that someone will always be there to have your back no matter what.

    thank you, Sincerely Tim Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you related the painting to your granny. I think its nice how she played a big role in your life. I feel for your situation growing up, and I know things can be hard.

    I think it was cool that you picked that painting because it wasn't war related. That's partially why I choose the farming painting from Frable. All the war-like paintings are interesting, but I think its better to choose something with a little more variation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it’s really cool that the painting reminds you of your great-grandma. With the hardships that are associated with growing up it is always nice to have some sort of third party authority figure. I know for me when I was very young my great-grandpa played that role for me.
    It’s also really cool that you decided not to use one of the war paintings in the Ostermayer Room. While war is a very powerful thing and has played a big part in Haitian culture it’s nice to examine another aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete

Art Blogs