Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Project One Video

6 comments:

  1. I really like how you related the painting to a happy time in your life like graduation. Graduation was probably a happy and sad time for a lot of people. There are just the two standard colors for the graduation gowns which kind of limits a variation of colors, but none the less, it is still a bright and colorful day because those colors stand out so much.
    I think its cool that you made that comparison about the people in the painting celebrating the revolution with your graduation. I think in this case a revolution is very much like graduation. When something is revolutionized you become triumphant. The past stays in the past and you start something new, fresh, and hopefully positive. Great observation Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn replies,

    I too like celebrations. When I graduated high school, kids didn't have many parties. They were just glad to be done. Few went to college, most boys went to work at the mills or to the service, girls became clerks or telephone operators or got married. My wedding was a good celebration but I don't remember too much about it.

    My Husband and I had large a family and the celebrations began: holidays. birthdays, sacraments, graduations. We love parties! Its all starting over again with the grandchildren. I hope you will have more celebration as you mark the milestones of your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we can all relate to this painting! Its a big celebration! Everyone usually celebrates something at one point in their life. I like how you related it to your graduation. That was a very happy moment in my life as well.

    Theres almost a celebration for everything. For example, birthdays, holidays, and even the Steelers winning the Super bowl!This is how we mark a happy time in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graduations are the most happiest moment in our lives. It defines as that we achieved and learned something.On my graduation day i felt like we are really important. And it was the biggest celebration that i have never had in my life.

    And now when i look at the painting it remind me of when steelers win the superbowl. the celebration they had after the game was the parade. Either its birthday or graduation the only thing that i always wait for is gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I enjoyed my graduation. I went to a smaller high school so it was a short ceremony. I'm actually glad it was a short ceremony because it was hot out on the football and field and my football coach kept giving me dirty looks for some reason.

    Celebrations are something everyone can enjoy in any culture. Especially when nations had fought hard to win their freedom for other nations, like in the picture you are talking about. I think the picture shows how a nation can rejoice in being free. I think the Haitians were especially over joyed with their hard fought victory over the French.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think comparing the painting to your graduation was perfect. We go through our educational career dreading school (most of us) and feeling imprisoned. Graduation is a time where, although most of us continue on to college, we are freed from much of that imprisonment and move on to a more independent future.

    I think the painting portrayed a similar feeling of relief. Celebrating a victory that promises a better future. It's much like graduating. You could even go into more details by comparing similar tears of joy that were most likely shed in both occasions.

    ReplyDelete

Art Blogs