Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Project blog #1

I really like the Iran Graffiti & Urban art predominatly because it so closely relates to the graffiti back home. It is interesting how graffiti in Iran can so closely relate to the graffiti in New York because I automatically assumed that because they so distant in cultures and geographically it jus wasnt I would have believed if i had'nt seen it myself. It it just one of those things that one expects to be different in comparison to other places.
Unfortunatly the blog wasnt written in english so i couldnt read about the works. However from the looks of it a lot of the works seem reflective of the time. Each piece touches either a historical moment or something reflective of the more modern times. The colors and compositions are similar to that of American grafitti the only difference i can see is that alot of the works have messages witten in the native languages on or near the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs