Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Photography blog

I found this website called magnum blog and it's a blog on a photography agency web page. This site caught my eye because one of the posts was titled "Best Photo Books of 2008." This post has a link within it that takes you to the photo-eye gallery. I found this web page very interesting in it's different photographs. This site has all different types of representations of photography. Some of it was of people, objects, color, no color, etc. Some look as though they are paintings, some very simple, some very abstract.

From looking through the photos on photo-eye, I found a few that particularly stood out. The first one is a set of photos that look like x-rays and photographs of bones, but they are somewhat abstract because the photos look as if there are multiple pictures layered together. The next set of photos that caught my eye were black and white photos of horses. This caught my eye because in our last reading assignment we were talking about horses and comparing and contrasting the different types of representations of them. The first picture of the set is my favorite. It shows several horses running and bringing up dust. The photos are very interesting and I recommend taking a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs