skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Art Blogs
-
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
-
-
RECAP // Coffee Date with Kevin Clancy
-
On August 20th, members filled the Mattress Factory Café for coffee and
conversation at the last Coffee Date of the series with 2016 Factory
Installed art...
10 years ago
-
30 SOMETHIN' by Charlie Finch
-
Bridging the gap between the baby boomers and the new digital generation.
10 years ago
-
MOMENTUM: new plays at different stages
-
City Theatre announces four exciting, original plays set for MOMENTUM, the
theatre’s annual festival of new plays at different stages, beginning May
31. W...
14 years ago
-
Four Years Later, Alcoa Foundation Leadership Grants Show Big Impact
-
*by David Seals*
Four years after the Alcoa Foundation launched a pilot re-granting program
through the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, we’re asking grant...
16 years ago
-
-
-
Sarah~
ReplyDeleteGreat post- I like that you connected the "smokey areas" from all of the paintings and led them to different experiences like the war and then to a party. I would have never thought of that but it made total sense after you did. You are reviewing one painting but have taken the entire collection into account.
I also found it interesting that those "smokey areas" are not only representing the physical acts of war in the paintings but also the inner struggles of everyday people to you. I wasn't crazy about those paintings of the war but you have given me some new perspective and new found appreciation for them.
I haven't seen this painting but it sounds very interesting. Especially the "smokey areas" which almost suggests some type of mystery to me. However, I did see the war paintings that you tied this photo to. I thought that suggesting that the paintings could be related was a very interesting idea.
ReplyDeleteI also have a pretty big family and we love to get together over the summer and around various holidays. I don't have any close relatives that have gone to the War in Iraq but my grandfather was shot during World War 2 and was awarded the purple heart. My dad also used to be in the Air Force and although he never was deployed to Iraq we knew several people who were.
If I'm not mistaken I think I did the same picture too. As the one I did had a large tree in the middle with people celebrating. The people in the painting were celebrating their freedom over the French. It also showed many colors and ways of celebrating.
ReplyDeleteI took the way you said "smoky areas" as hardship and difficulty. And when you described your cousin leaving and having a party and mentioned those smoky areas I kind of thought that people came out of their way to wish him luck. As I'm sure people back then would have wished their soldiers luck as they went off to fight. I have had a lot of friends leave for several different branches of the military and other friends get shipped off to Iraq, and I remember big get together to wish them luck.