Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Charles Du Franc By Joseph Baker

4 comments:

  1. I like how you related to this painting! As a little girl I played in the woods as well. I did not cut down trees or anything, but I climbed one once. I also played hide in go seek as well in the woods.

    I love when my dad lights our fire place up, as you said you and your dad did. I saw this painting on campus and did not feel like I could relate to it. After I heard your explaination of it I can relate to it alot more than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in a very very small town and it was along the woods too. My friends and I also played in the woods. I didn't connect with that painting in the same way at first but now that you say that i see it too.

    I'm really glad that you saw so many different memories in this painting. Art in many ways jogs peoples memories and is a completly different experience for the individual. I miss playing in the woods, we had a camp there, I may need to revist that painting and the spot where we used to play just to feel so young again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you relate to this painting. I grew up, and still live in a neighborhood that has a huge wooded area. As a kid I thought of being in the woods with my friends was pretty fun. As time passes on it became less and less interesting.

    It seems like having the woods near by was a necessity to you. I never had to chop down trees much or do any too serious when I was around. Me and my friends basically built dirt jumps and rode bmx bikes all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that painting was also of my childhood too. My friends and I would take logs and sticks and pieces of wood to build little clubhouses. There were also plenty of hills for the winter time snow to snow board down.

    The bright colors in the painting reminded me of the trees changing colors in the fall. The people in the field also reminded me of fall because they looked like they were getting ready for winter by the chopping of wood. Looking at this painting and having those memories come back was a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Art Blogs