skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Art Blogs
-
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
-
-
RECAP // Coffee Date with Kevin Clancy
-
On August 20th, members filled the Mattress Factory Café for coffee and
conversation at the last Coffee Date of the series with 2016 Factory
Installed art...
10 years ago
-
30 SOMETHIN' by Charlie Finch
-
Bridging the gap between the baby boomers and the new digital generation.
10 years ago
-
MOMENTUM: new plays at different stages
-
City Theatre announces four exciting, original plays set for MOMENTUM, the
theatre’s annual festival of new plays at different stages, beginning May
31. W...
14 years ago
-
Four Years Later, Alcoa Foundation Leadership Grants Show Big Impact
-
*by David Seals*
Four years after the Alcoa Foundation launched a pilot re-granting program
through the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, we’re asking grant...
16 years ago
-
-
-
I also enjoyed this painting. I thought that it was very festive and it reminded me of why i love the summer so much. I liked the colors and i felt that this painting did a great job of portraying a party like atmosphere.
ReplyDeleteIt reminded me of fourth of July celebrations. Everybody gets together to hang out maybe as a family or friends. Then you have a big feast or my family usually had a cookout or something along those lines. I love the summer because I love to hang out outside and play sports like Frisbee and baseball, which are both tough to do when it is 10 degrees and snowing.
Horia I enjoyed your video. I also liked the painting you chose. The painting was very colorful and reminded me of good times I've had with my family. I think that the colors played an important part in the painting. This painting made me think of the times I had with my family and friends. Like graduation or just a hot summer day eating ice cream with my friends. I liked how you payed attention to the details in the painting such as the blue cooler. Also that they were all eating ice cream making you think it was a tradition.
ReplyDeleteThis picture does invoke a party atmosphere. Hatti is always hot, it makes it so much easier to hold a party outside. In this area planing a celebration in summer gives you more options than the confines of a home. That's why we look forward to our family reunion, summer birthdays and holidays. There is so much more room for interaction and variety of activities.
ReplyDeleteMentioning ice-cream makes my mouth water. I certainly would love to have an Isaly's sky-scrapper cone. In the 70's and 80's I would take my family to visit my parents in the small Bedford community they retired to. My Dad made Home-made root beer and every one turned the crank on the ice cream maker. The favorate flavor was my mothers' receipe for peanut-butter ice-cream. We try to relive these times but the root-beer explodes and ice-cream isn't the same in a electric maker. What's missing is grandma and grandpa.
I also saw this painting. I thought that this particular peice was appealing to me because of the joy and happiness that was portrayed in the paintings. It looks like a celebrations that is happening during the summer season. This also reminds me of my family because whenever we have something to commemorate or celebrate, all of my relatives come over my house and we have big parties.
ReplyDeleteI think the artists use of warm colors like red, orange and yellow set the mood of the painting. If the colors were to be, let's say, purple, blue and black, the mood might be more dark and depressing. I think it is cool how colors can appeal to peoples emotions without having a dialogue.