skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Project #1 Hati tree planting
Art Blogs
-
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
-
-
RECAP // Coffee Date with Kevin Clancy
-
On August 20th, members filled the Mattress Factory Café for coffee and
conversation at the last Coffee Date of the series with 2016 Factory
Installed art...
10 years ago
-
30 SOMETHIN' by Charlie Finch
-
Bridging the gap between the baby boomers and the new digital generation.
10 years ago
-
MOMENTUM: new plays at different stages
-
City Theatre announces four exciting, original plays set for MOMENTUM, the
theatre’s annual festival of new plays at different stages, beginning May
31. W...
14 years ago
-
Four Years Later, Alcoa Foundation Leadership Grants Show Big Impact
-
*by David Seals*
Four years after the Alcoa Foundation launched a pilot re-granting program
through the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, we’re asking grant...
16 years ago
-
-
-
I saw this painting too! I can relate to what you are saying because my family is Irish too. It's hard to start out with nothing, but you have to push yourself to be stronger.My grandparents were like that too.
ReplyDeleteI think alot of people can relate to this painting because we are all from different backrounds. Everyone has a goal in life, and tries hard to work for it. I liked your explanation on this painting.
I'm from a farming area, and I know every farmer struggles. The struggle of a farmer in todays America must be harder for a Tree farmer in Haiti. The troubles differ from money to the environment but are still struggles.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice that you could relate this to your dad as a farmer in Ireland, I think thats pretty interesting. I'm sure his family had a long line of struggles with their farm and I'm very glad that he has overcome them in America.
I come from an urban area, but everybody still has to do manual work for their living. I understand the sweat and trials that the wood workers had to go through because even in high school, i had to work 35-40 hours a week to help out what i can with my family.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is important that people recognize the struggle workers had to go through at those primitive time. Now technology has gotten so advanced that we take advantage of it and don't realize how easy our jobs can really be
I really liked what you had to say about the painting. Even though this isn't your own personal experience, it is in a way. I'm sure you've heard your father tell many stories and in a way, that kind of becomes a part of you. Just listening to his stories is an experience of your own and I think it's nice that you listen to what he has to say about those days.
ReplyDeleteWorkers do have a struggle and I think that it is important to know how they feel and I think your dad could kind of identify with their hardships.
I could only imagine being a farmer because you have no control over the weather. No matter how good of a farmer you are, drought and floods come and go naturally. A whole season of crops would be gone and so would the food you were putting on the table.
ReplyDeleteAfter listening to this interpretation about the farmers it made me think of any job today. Some companies are going under and other are cutting back on employees to save money. No matter how good of a worker you currently are, lay-offs can affect anyone.