Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rochon Washington - Feedback on the Mattress Factory

The 1st thing I saw was the Dark Side of Light. It was interesting but weird at the same time. There was a lot of action sounds and movement taking place. Bright colors flashing lights were all around you. it was like I went back in time to the 80's. They had a lot of stugged animals; I don't know what for but it made me fell like I was at kennywood playing some games. But the thing that I liked about this exhibit, they had a lot of "olds" with the "news." Like a 50 inch flat screen that we see in today's world with a 10 inch TV surrounded by big old woofer speakers, VCR's, cassette, and VHS tapes. It gave me that back in the day feel.

Before heading over to the main building of the museum, there was a exhibit that caught my eye. It was called the homestead Grays. I like this in many ways, not because the Grays and I are from Pittsburgh, but the way it was setup and it was eye-catching. It was my type of feel. Not to bright but a lot of movement going on at the same time, it looked boring at first because it was black and gray mostly, but it was the movement that caught my eye.

Now the exhibit outside was nice just because the person who did it use the material that was already there to do the project. Bricks, twisted metals, missing steps from a stairway. You can tell that there was a house there from many years back. But the whole thing was placed in a quiet and peaceful environment so it was a nice set up. To me it looked like a war zone where somebody's home got caught in the middle of it. But the lady who did this hooked it up by putting her style into it.

I enjoyed the Mattress Factory, it was relaxing and I saw a lot of things that were interesting, weird, random, and flat out amazing. I didn't aspect to see that much art within a little time period. If I had the chance to go back I would because I wanted to see more. It was something different. It wasn't like some old art that was from the late ages, it was art that was eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs