This is my first time going to the Mattress Factory and it was a different experience for me. As a resident of Washington, DC, I have been to several museums (historical, art, etc.). However, the Mattress Factory was one in a kind. It had a unique quality of its own. Visiting
the Mattress Factory showed me another type of art.
One of the installation pieces I enjoyed was a piece done using lighting. Upon entering a dark room, you see a bent red box in the corner of the room on the wall. The light is being projected on to the wall from a shaped hole in the ceiling. As you walk around the room, the figure changes its shape depending on the angle of viewing. This piece was cool because the red box was not overbearing and was not too simple.
Another piece I liked was the installation piece in another room similar to the first piece I enjoyed. Entering the dark room you see what appears to be a blue projection screen. The instructions were to approach the blue projection screen slowly. The closer you get, the more detailed the projection screen becomes. When you attempt to touch the screen, you realize that it's actually a gigantic square hole and another portion of the room within it. Again, this piece played with lights.
In general, I would not normally go to the Mattress Factory because not all of its pieces were appealing. However, the pieces that offered illusions were cool to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing more pieces like this. I did not enjoy the installation art pieces in the satelite building because although art can be anything, these pieces seemed random and do not tell a story or create an illusion for me. But to each his own.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment