Thursday, March 26, 2009

Project #4

My first piece is a diagram of my daily interactions. It's basically a bunch of random things being thrown into a blender to represent what goes into my day. There was no huge inspiration from a specific piece or artist. The inspiration in the random pieces is what I felt could best represent parts of my day. I though it was just a cool way to describe a day in my life.

My second piece is a portrait of shoes which are my favorite technology. I choose shoes because I feel the world would be a much different place if no one would of came up with the idea of protection for feet. My piece shows two pairs of shoes hanging from a telephone wire above whats supposed to be a track. My inspiration for this piece is that I frequently see shoes hanging prom power lines, and I wanted to turn that into art. I also wanted to play around with the stuff we learned in class on Tuesday by fading off to a certain focus point in the distance.

My third piece is on the colors and shaped of my favorite song. The song I choose was Day and Night by Kid Cudi. The song talks about how things are different during the day than at night. This song inspired me to do a piece in which part of the piece is day time and the other is night time. I thought about how there are so many nature and city paintings all at the same time of day, and I wanted to combine day and night elements into one piece.

My last piece is the rhythm of my neighborhood. Basically the rhythm of my neighborhood is unpredictable so I choose to use a giant question mark to symbolize that. Within the question mark are the good and bad elements of my neighborhood. The good is a basketball court which use to be the center of my neighborhood, but when the hoops got taken down some people got into trouble, and that's where the bad elements come into play.

Overall I didn't look to any other artists or artist's work to produce what I did. I felt like a lot of the stuff our class has been exposed to this year has been cool, but they didn't relate to my interests when it comes to me making my own pieces. I choose to use mostly colored pencils on paper to make my pieces because that's what I work easiest with. Making a sculpture or something like that would of been fun, but colored pencils are pretty much all I got to work with at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs