Monday, March 30, 2009

Project #4

For this project I really didn’t draw from any artist but rather just sat down and thought to myself what each of the four categories really represented to me. I looked at four descriptions that to me initially meant nothing. They were random things that made no sense and it was simply some sort of artistic “thing” I would never understand or at least not be creative in any away. Then I thought some more and decided to rather than tackle it as a whole I would go piece by piece.

First I decided to attack the “Diagram of my Daily Activity”. The most practical and affective representation of this would be in the form of a collage. It wasn’t very creative but I took pictures from magazines, news papers, and catalogs put them in certain positions and wrote small little anecdotes about certain pictures.

Then my creative juices began to flow. I decided to next tackle the “Rhythm of Your Neighborhood”. When I read “rhythm” and “neighborhood” for some reason a seismograph instantly popped into my head and I decided to roll with it. My neighborhood is very sporadic and fast passed so I decided to make the readings on the “seismograph” represent that.

Next, came up with what I felt was my best piece of art. The “Portrait of Your Favorite Technology” drawing had several things that popped out at me. “Portrait” to me meant I had to draw in pencil because when I think portrait I think black and white. Then I picked my favorite piece of technology, that being the microphone. I then tried to figure out how I could incorporate what I liked about the microphone into the art. That’s where the idea for all the quotes on the page came from.

As for the “Colors and Shapes of my Favorite Song” I decided to incorporate one of the techniques we learned in class and draw a car going off into the sun on the Sunset Strip in Las Vegas, my favorite song being “This Town” by Frank Sinatra. This was perhaps not my most creative drawing but is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs