Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mattress Factory Blog 4


Going to the Mattress Factory i thought the art was going to similar to the that was shown in class. I was surprised how much I actually like the art that was shown. Before I took this class I thought art was just drawings and paintings, but I now understand art can be anything you want it to be.

There were some rooms i didn't like cause either i didn't agree with it or i just didn't understand what the point was. I didn't like the mirrored room with the Asian manikins by Yayoi Kusama because they kind of freaked me out and made me uneasy. I also didn't like the kitchen because it looked dirty and it looked pointless.

The most interesting pieces was the yard outside, I forget what it is called. However I didn't know how much work actually went into it. I would like to come back in the summer so i can get the full effect, so I can see the flowers and the trees with leaves. I thought it was pretty cool how they had the music playing it really added more to the whole thing.

My favorite room was the room with the water that was completely dark, and it made it look like the water was like 5 feet deep. It was really cool but at the same time a little scary for me cause i cant swim and i thought i was gonna go over the edge. Overall my experience there was fun i will defiantly visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs