When I was asked to make a work of art that had to deal with my favorite song and the colors and shapes that it portrays, I was a little confused. How could a song have colors or shapes? As a result, I forced myself to listen to the song repeatedly until I was in a state of mind where I could feel and sense what the tone and rhythm of the song was trying to portray. The song is titled, “Moody’ Mood for Love,” by: James Moody in 1954. This song was originally a saxophone-jazz song, but was altered with lyrics in the 60’s. The tempo is slow, legato and smooth, while the lyrics captivate you with emotional tenderness. The shape I showed was really more of a group of swaying lines, and if you look real close, you can find the lyrics written in the lines. I wanted to use a medium that stood out, so I used Black textured paper and silver Sharpie marker.
When I had to choose the portrait of my favorite technology that was no problem. What piece of technology did I use almost religiously?, on an everyday basis? The answer to this is my I-Pod Classic 120GB. This piece of technology can gold over 120,000 songs, movies, music videos, or even be an external hard drive with certain documents. I used a piece of white construction paper and I made the I-Pod black, just like mine. Since it is an Apple product, I wanted to make sure to include the apple symbol at the bottom of the piece. I even made sure to include the center buttons which allow you to play, fast-forward, re-wind, and go to the main menu.
The rhythm of my neighborhood was another piece that came with ease. I a Puerto-Rican, and the neighborhood that I come from is a majorly Hispanic neighborhood. My roots and my culture are very important to me, I made sure to express this by making the Puerto-Rican flag the backdrop for this piece. Under my flag I used metallic stickers to spell out two main Puerto-Rican types of music, Salsa and Reggaeton. They both spring from the island of Puerto-Rico, and they both have a big impact on our people. It wasn’t just new music, but salsa was, and Reggaeton is, a movement; a cultural movement that shows how the evolution of society is coming. I included some main Reggaeton bands on the right, Bachata bands (which is another type of Latin music from the Dominican Republic) in the middle, and salsa artists on the left hand side.
The final work that I did was daily interactions. Now as I noticed my peers cutting out magazines and talking about college, I wanted mine to be unique. Since I am majoring in International Politics and minoring in Arabic, I plan on being an ambassador one day. So instead of doing present daily interactions, I chose to do future daily interactions. I am going to have to deal with a lot of foreign nations, and international interactions, so in every corner I have “Hello and welcome” in French, English, Spanish, and Arabic. I have the outline of my hand in the middle with “welcoming and peace brings us all together.” Due to the fact that I want to join the Peace Corps after I get my degree, in the middle of my hand, I drew the globe with a peace sigh going through it. This was my favorite work because it depicted my goals, and made them seem even closer than they are. It was very uplifting.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment