Thursday, March 26, 2009

Project 4

The type of art I chose to do was a collage of the things in my daily life. Some of the things are random items that i found lying around my room and others are pictures of things that I use or do in everyday. I used card stock as my canvas and I filled up the paper with chaos, using no order or neatness. Simply because my day is often chaotic and I have no set routine of what I do from day to day, outside of my classes.
The inspiration for my art came from a number of different places. As I said before I found random things lying around in my room that I arranged on it; for example, there is a receipt from a restaurant, a ticket from a sporting event, and even the pin I was given at freshman orientation. For the pictures that are on the collage, I just chose things that I do in my everyday life from routine things like brushing my teeth, to some more exciting things like playing sports. I decided that I should put some of the more interesting things that I do in the collage so it wouldn't be extremely boring. Obviously I do not attend sporting events, orientations, and movies all in one day.
The artwork that inspired my art came from several different places. One was the mattress factory itself. More specifically though the thing they did with Google Maps called "Street with a View." That is why I chose to put some of the more interesting things that I do in the collage. Also, I drew some inspiration from the Jackson Pollack art that we looked at. His art was all chaotic with random paint splotches on it so, i decided to make my collage look chaotic.
I chose to make a collage for a few different reasons. First and foremost I absolutely cannot draw to save my life; I'm done once you get past stick figures and straight lines. Second I really wanted to do something about my daily life that didn't look boring or sloppy and since I can't draw I figured the collage would be the obvious second choice. Again for the items that made it onto my collage I just went around my room and even searched through my wallet looking for random things that sorta sum up my day or in this case a very exciting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs