This has been the fourth time I’ve been to the Matress Factory. I did not find this visit to be the better of the times I’ve visited but it is always an experience. Each time I go there is always something new and interesting, which is why it is one of my favorite museums. I like the Matress Factory because the effect the art has on me. It’s a different feeling to walk into a room and be surrounded by art.
The first level we went to was the permanent collection. They are the collections from James Turrell and Yayoi Kusama. I always like both exhibits from Yayoi Kusama and “Pleiades” from James Turrell . Yayoi Kusama created a room with mirrors on the walls and ceilings. The first room had multi colored dots on the floor with black lights. The second had white lights, three mannequins and red dots everywhere. I liked the effect the mirrors gave. They made the small room with only ten people in it seem much larger and crowded. I also liked the dots because they made me feel like I was in a fun house. I also thought the mannequins gave the room an eerie feeling because they were in the middle of the room naked.
“Pleiades” from James Turrell was a large plain room. In it were two lights on the ceiling and what looked like a blue rectangle in the back was another room. I love the illusion the lights give and how our eyes can trick us. I like that Turrell could combine science and art which I think makes it more interesting.
Out of all the new exhibits the only one I liked was the one in the basement. I don’t know the name of it or who made it though. It was a really dark room so dark that I couldn’t see where I was walking which really scared me. I think the room was decently large. On the floor was water but I couldn’t tell how deep it was because of the dark and at the end of the room was another room lit up. I liked it because I was so scared. The room was just weird and I didn’t know where I was walking or if I was going to walk into the water.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment