Thursday, March 26, 2009

Project #3 Blog

The inspiration behind the artwork in my pieces came from the items I used most to do the things I do during the day. A cell phone seems to be a major aspect of any college students life. It is the communication tool. Without a means to communicate with different SGA members, Residence Life Staff members, and other students, it would be difficult to operate. The phone aspect is duplicated because of its importance.

Other aspects that of inspiration are the ipod and word of mouth. The ipod is important because of the exposure to music I get from being in the dorms. I already love to listen to music, but to hear it all around me with just walking through the dorms is like walking in a piece of heaven. I get to experience different classics from oldies to newer music, slow jams to party mixes, etc. My music is represented in the three out of four of my art pieces

Lastly, word of mouth. The representation of speech in the speech bubble is a big part of my every day life. I expect to speak to dozens of people everyday about different things whether it's from saying hello to having complete conversations with them. Speech is also represented in the Colors and Shapes of My Favorite Song because of how powerful a musical artist's words are in a song to make it someone's favorite song of all.

In conclusion, no one inspired what I used for my pieces, but the things that were a part of my life inspired how I chose the pieces for my artwork. I chose to do everything by drawing because it gives me the freedom of expression in terms of what a person sees. It allowed me to draw whatever came to mind instead of being limited to what was given to me. Using collages and sculptures sort of limits a person (who's unwilling to get a ton of clay or find the exact pictures to represent exactly how they want the piece to look) to what is there. It would be difficult to represent my favorite song the way I did without testing laws of physics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs