I went to the Mattress Factory Art Museum the past Thursday with an open mind. I had heard things about the Mattress Factory being “weird”, “odd”, and “interesting” so I was not sure what to expect at all.
However, when we looked at instillation art in class we looked a Puerto Rican artist who filled a room and made it like a kitchen and house to display Puerto Rican culture. When we say this I thought it was pretty cool and thought if that is what the Mattress Factory is all about then it would be pretty cool. Much to my dismay however, this was not the case. The very first exhibit I went to featured a red box illuminated on a wall. My initial reaction was “wow, I could put a red box on a wall” and my openness to the Mattress Factory closed. However he continued on I was not extraordinarily impressed and confused by some of the art. Not to say that it wasn’t art but it wasn’t my cup of tea.
That was until the very last thing my group went to. We went down into the basement and stepped into a very dark room with an illuminated “door” at the other end. When one walked towards the passageway you could only go so far. The small walk way was surrounded by what felt like and infinite supply of water. And the “door” felt yards and yards away. However, we were surrounded by only a few inches of water and the “doorway” was much closer.
Overall the Mattress Factory was not what I was expecting but I did find some of the things there very cool.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment