For my blog post I have decided to talk about the recent trip to the Mattress Factory. The thing I enjoyed the most had to be the had to be the exhibit, in which you walk into the dark on top of a sorta bridge over water with a red light at the end. I thought this was the most interested exhibit in the factory. I thought the way the red light reflected off the water made this exhibit even more memorable.
I would have to say another good exhibit was the speakers that hung from the ceiling and had a sort of red dust inside of it. I thought this exhibit was very interesting because it showed the sound waves that the speakers gave off and it was a very interested thing to look at. There was also another exhibit that was close to this but i did not enjoy that one. In the other house of the Mattress Factory they had two pots with speakers inside that seemed to have dirt on top of them. I am assuming that they were trying to go for the same look as the other speakers in the main building, but I watched this potted plant for about five minutes and I could not see any movement.
Another fantastic exhibit at the Mattress Factory was the garden. With the raw look to it and the sounds that play in the garden just add to the fell of the environment. The chair that was positioned in the dead weeds also gave you a feel that you were alone in the world. The only way it could have been made this better was if we came when the grass was alive and green. Also walking down into the bottom of the garden with the steps and metal railing made it feel like you were actually walking into the basement of an old factory. The view from the top window at the garden was also great. Looking out on downtown Pittsburgh and the rest of the north side was a good experience.
The one exhibit that I viewed that I simply did not like was the giant egg. I do not know maybe I just do not understand the idea behind it but I just saw it as a big distraction. Some people out there may view this giant hollow egg as art but I am sorry I just can not see it. Another thing I thought was very strange was the statues with the missing heads and other random body parts. I am not sure what the idea was for these things to look very old or even purposely broken but this was another exhibit I just could not get into.
I want to conclude by saying I really enjoyed the Mattress Factory because it is not your average everyday art museum. That is what I believe makes the Mattress Factory a museum that I think every person who enjoys art or even a different type of thinking must see.
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment