Thursday, March 26, 2009

project #4

For the first piece of art "Diagram of your daily interactions" I made a collage. The materials I used were my scrapbooking supplies. The backing is a piece of green cardstock paper. I added the pictures of my friends, family, and boyfriend. I framed them then added a few stickers. My inspiration came from a hobby of scrapbooking.
For the second piece of art "Portrait of your favorite technology" I used a drawing I have made. The materials I used were pencil of paper. The picture is of a Harley Davidson Softtail motorcycle. I may not seem like the type of person to like motorcycles and I dont own one but I love riding. This picture was a gift but the person who inspired me to draw it was my boyfriend.
The third piece of art "Colors and shapes of your favorite song" I used a painting I made. I used acrylic on paper. The picture is just a design of swirling colors. I couldnt really tell anyone what my favorite song is. I love music and listen to all types but I get tired of songs quick. Right now my favorite song is "My life you suck without you" by Kelly Clarkson. My inspiration for this piece came from my computer. There is a program on my computer plays designs to the tempo of music.
The final piece of art for "Rhythm of your neighborhood" I made a drawing. The materials I used were crayon on cardboard. I had a hard time thinking of something for this category but I got inspiration from some of my old art. I drew a close up of a watch and broke it up into three sections. One for morning, day and, night. Morning is a picture of my neighbors driving to work. Day is a picture of my neighbor cutting his grass and night is just a picture of houses. My neighborhood has been a huge part of my life. I grew up on a dead end street with alot of kids. We consider everyone as family on my street. As everyone grew up though the street has become very quiet and scheduled over time.
I consider myself an artist. My first inspiration was my brother who is an artist but I am always trying to find inspiration. I look at all art and artist but untimately I am trying to find my own art and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs