Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Project 4: Analog vs. Digital

I really didn't have much inspiration behind the ideas of my art pieces. I just drew how I felt about each topic. For example the shapes of my favorite song, I started to listen to the song and let my mind wonder. Sometimes, thats how art works, you allow yourself to get in a zone and let your hands and mind take over.  

I will say that professor Hepner's lecture on Tuesday really did inspire how one of my art pieces look. My drawing on the rhythm of my neighborhood was heavily inspired by Tuesday's lecture. In class we talked about the way many artist make their art look like one can walk into it. We learned about how angles are drawn by using a vanishing points. 

My rhythm of my neighborhood picture shows my house being different from all the others on the block. The houses and street appear to very big on the paper until you look deeper. Then that's when you see a house at the end of the block that looks very small. I did it this way to show that none of the other houses on my block are like mine, it stands alone. 

I chose to do my art pieces with paper and pencil. I love pictures on a grayscale or video and pictures in black and white. I feel like color is definitely sometimes overrated. You don't need color to make something beautiful and vibrant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs