I had a wonderful experience at the Mattress Factory. The muesem was unlike anything I have ever experienced before. One of the unique things about this museum is that the works of art are created onsite. Artists are invited to come to the museum, and there they are paid and housed and to produce unique pieces that bring the museum to life. These artists are very creative.
One of my favorite pieces of the installation art was by the japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama. This piece was called "Infinity Dots Mirrored Room". The first room is lighted by black lights and it is surrounded by mirrors. The floor is white with all sizes of milti colored dots. It looks as if the room is never ending.
The next room was called "Repetitive Vision", as you enter through the mirrored doors it reveals a brightly lit room with more mirrored walls and ceiling. There are three mannequins sprayed with grey wigs and covered in all shapes of dots.This was very strange and I didn't really understand it until our tour director explained it.
I really liked this artists work. The Mattress Factory was a great experiecne. It made me open my eyes to installion art. Almost everything is art in the world. I wouldn't mind returning to the Mattress Factory in the future because I thought it was very interesting and Im glad I got to experience it .
WordPress WooCommerce Themes, Online Shops, eCommerce Storefronts
-
We know, running your own business is a big, big challenge. That’s why you
need the perfect WooCommerce WordPress theme to help you sell your
products. ...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment