Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mattress Factory... Blog #4....

The Mattress Factory was a unique art museum to visit since I had never experienced art like that before. The artists who have their work on display there put what many people think about on a daily basis into work. Maybe not literally in the same way, but in the same sense.

There were a few exhibits I took interest in a lot and those were the Blue Rectangle and the first room in the Monterey House. The Blue Rectangle piece caught my eye because when I first saw it, it looked like a projection on the wall. Then my mind started to think of all these ideas and one of them was ‘That would be a lot cooler if it was really a hole in the wall.’ When I got close enough to realize it was a hole in the wall I felt a slight chill run over my body.

The first room in the Monterey House reminded me of my childhood. The happy feelings of being a little kid and not having to worry about life’s troubles and worries went out the door. It was replaced by the feelings I had as a child. I thought about all my old friends and the times we went through but was glad when we had to go on to the next room because not all the times were fun and happy.

I wouldn’t mind revisiting the Mattress Factory especially after a new set of exhibits are installed. I’m pretty sure anyone who visits this museum will have at least one exhibit they really like because at one point in your life your mind has thought of some of them but never had the opportunity to let anyone else see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Blogs